muskmelon juice - a healthy and refreshing muskmelon juice
recipe type: drinks
ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 muskmelon or kharbuja or cantaloupe, any size
- cane sugar or golden sugar or jaggery as required (optional)
how to make the recipe:
- rinse the musk melon in water. cut into half.
- then slice them into long pieces.
- remove the peel and separate it from the flesh. remove the seeds.
- chop and add in a blender. add the sugar or jaggery.
- no need to add water. blend till smooth.
- pour the muskmelon juice in glasses and serve muskmelon juice immediately.
- you can add ice cubes if desired.
1. instead of cane sugar any other sweetener can also be added like honey or maple syrup.
2. if the muskmelon juice is thick, add some water of milk. vegans can add water or cashew or almond milk.
3. serve the muskmelon juice immediately. don't chill or keep in the refrigerator as the taste changes a lot and the juice looses it freshness.
4. the seeds of the musk melon can be dried if you have good sunlight and then roasted and added to salads or soups. in india we add them to our sweets and halwas.